Trius SX-814C

umasscrew39

Re: Trius SX-814C

Post by umasscrew39 »

Tried it. I installed, then uninstalled and re-installed again. Several error messages popped up which said to report to ASCOM yahoo group. They were too quick off the screen to note. I am a Mac user and this is all foreign to me. So, afraid I need to get rid of this camera I just got and stick with the UltraStar on the Mac with another software that works on it.

Thanks much for trying to help, Robin
Bruce
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry to hear that it's not working out - it sounds as though the ASCOM setup is badly messed up for some reason. ASCOM can be a challenge at the best of times and if you are unfamiliar with Windows then it must be doubly frustrating.

cheers,

Robin
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

Hey Robin

While I wait to get ASCOM help, I did reach out to Terry who I know and he said he would send you the SX814 specifics in that you may time to load them into SC. I hope you can do that so I can enjoy the camera. I would really prefer that if possible as I have no desire to mess with ASCOM.

Best Regards,
Bruce

P.S. Please re-consider a Mac OSx version?! :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Bruce,

yes, Terry contacted me today with the right info to give the 814C the correct name. However this will sadly not help with the freeze you reported after selecting it when listed as 'Unknown Model'. If you do have a chance to re-test with the log window open as I suggested above then we might be able to work out why the camera is freezing SharpCap.

cheers,

Robin
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

Oh-boy... well, since then I got ASCOM loaded and Terry sent me new firmware but for a color issue. Anyway, I tried it in both v3.1.522 and v 3.2 and using Unknown Model and clicking on SXH814C once ASCOM automatically kicked in. In all cases SC starts up and the control panel appears (which it did not get that far last time) and begins to collect frames but then freezes. So, attaching a couple of different logs and hopefully that will help solve the problem.

Well, I hope this helps. I tried a section screen shot when I selected SX-814 but the log would not attach here, saying ti was too long.
Attachments
SC3.1 using Unknown Model
SC3.1 using Unknown Model
SC 814 log.png (915.76 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

Robin - these might help too. They popped up after SC stopped.
Attachments
Exception at {TargetType}.{TargetFunc}_{LineNumber}#94144.error.zip
(11.01 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Exception at {TargetType}.{TargetFunc}_{LineNumber}#70339.error.zip
(11.35 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

Hi Robin

I also tried the 814 with the SX ASCOM driver but same problem. It starts and then the program freezes up- both 3.1 and 3.2.

I think I am out of options at this point to use SC for this camera.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

unfortunately freezes of the software are much harder to debug than crashes :(

In your SharpCap logs for the ASCOM the first thing that looks bad is this message from the SX ASCOM driver

Code: Select all

Unable to complete get_ImageReady request due to previous error
which is annoying for two reasons - first there is no record of a previous error in the logs, and secondly it is not giving us a clue as to what the previous error is :(

If you are using SharpCap 3.2 and the program freezes completely (doesn't respond at all to mouse/keyboard) then after about 30 seconds you should see this
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (34.58 KiB) Viewed 3732 times
If you do, press the report button to send the bug report and then let me know - there may be enough info in the bug report to help me work out what is going on.

cheers,

Robin
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

Hi Robin

Weather has been horrible but I have tried it again indoors on 3 different occasions and it seems to be working fine. No crashing, freezing or error messages. The only issue or irritation is the slowness of the response. It might be due to USB2 data transmission with this camera??? It does the same thing on Starlight Live. In contrast, the UltraStar is very fast on both SLL and SC.

The only thing I can think of that caused the freezing first was me pushing the buttons too quickly, given the slow response time with the 814.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, one of the things about these cameras is that they don't like being sent a command while the image is downloading, so SharpCap has to wait until the image download is done before sending exposure updates, etc. With the larger sensor the exposure download takes longer.

cheers,

Robin