Orion Starshoot AutoGuider

dswtan

Re: Orion Starshoot AutoGuider

Post by dswtan »

@Robin -- alas just tried this on Windows 10 (1083), SharpCap 3.1.5181, and the pair of drivers from Orion's site (https://www.telescope.com/Orion-StarSho ... /99565.uts -- 5.1 native and 3.0.0.0 ASCOM), and the crash still happens. :-/

I will at least say though, like an earlier user mentioned, although the crash still happens, SharpCap recovers cleanly AND the gain change does "take" -- a few versions ago before I messed with it tonight, I think the gain change was NOT being recognized, so I had to sample for ~20 sec to get a platesolve! I hope I can get this down much shorter now. Of course, tonight it's cloudy...

BTW - THANK YOU for the polar alignment feature! It is AWESOME for me. I have a tree right in the way of my limited location that precisely blocks the pole, but your feature has SAVED me since I can resolve a few degrees either side of the tree. My poor Polemaster sits idle!
vballrican

Post by vballrican »

I know this topic is old but.. i just connected Sharpcap(after i bought it) and my SSAG.. the SSAG appears in the cameras list but when i select it, i get an error. Class not registered. I don't have a screenshot yet because it's on my laptop, not on this pc. Any ideas? Thanks.

PS: PHD2 works with the SSAG, i also have ASCOM installed and working.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I would suggest that the best thing to try here will be to uninstall and then reinstall the Ascom drivers for the star shoot camera. The error message that you are receiving would tend to indicate that Ascom thinks that the drivers are there and ready to be used but the Windows system has no knowledge of them. Hopefully reinstall fix the problem.

Cheers, Robin
vballrican

Post by vballrican »

Robin, thanks.. I have removed everything and installed just the Ascom drivers. The ascom camera in Sharpcap doesn't even show. If i install the SSAG drivers then it shows but greyed out and the SSAG is also there now. But i can't select it because of an error. I have TV installed if anyone wants to take a look.. thanks.. :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't do team viewer sessions, but if you post screenshots of your camera's menu and then of the error that you see that may help work out what is going wrong.

Cheers, Robin
joshusher

Post by joshusher »

To anyone that can help

Ive just purchased the sharpcap pro for polar alignment. But after doiwnloading the software, my Orion star shoot AG does not show as one of the camera options.

Using windows 10.

Please help
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

You need to make sure that you have downloaded and installed both the Ascom platform and the Ascom driver for the Orion Starshoot camera - once you have both of those installed then the camera should appear in SharpCap.

As an aside, I usually suggest checking that your camera and other hardware work satisfactorily in the free version of SharpCap or buying the pro version.

Cheers, Robin
joshusher

Post by joshusher »

HI Robin

thanks for the update, I will download both these drivers today, Do you have a link to the ascom driver and software / i tried to download it last night after reading this forum, But my windows 10 laptop kept failing the download. So im not sure if it was the right one.

I did pay for the sharpcap pro straight away as it was only a tenner, And i am trying this out only for polar alignment its much cheaper than a polar camera.

The orion drivers are defo on the laptop though but i think its only the windows 10 version. I no this as phd2 works with it, Although ive not figured out how to use it yet.

Many thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think this is the right link - https://www.telescope.com/assets/produc ... etupV2.exe

From this page - https://www.telescope.com/Orion-StarSho ... /99565.uts - labelled 'StarShoot AutoGuider ASCOM driver SSAG Autoguider drivers V2 (Win XP/Vista/7)'

Hope this helps, Robin
joshusher

Post by joshusher »

Hi Robin

Tried to download the files but now got a different error code ?
Attachments
NOT WORKING.jpg
NOT WORKING.jpg (95.39 KiB) Viewed 2883 times