Starlight Xpress Superstar Colour

JGraham

Starlight Xpress Superstar Colour

Post by JGraham »

Greetings!

I just received a used Starlight Xpress Superstar Colour that I was hoping to use in place of my Superstar Mono. However, when I connect the Superstar Colour the only Starlight Xpress camera listed is the H9 monochrome camera. I have also tried using the Superstar Colour via ASCOM, but it also shows up as a monochrome camera. Oddly enough I can force it to debayer the image, but it doesn't look right (it looks like a colorized Bayer grid) and the only color space available is Mono16, so the saved images are monochrome.

I am going to tinker a bit with the drivers, but I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this.

Thanks!

-John
admin
Site Admin

Re: Starlight Xpress Superstar Colour

Post by admin »

Hi,

when you say the only camera detected is the H9 mono, does that mean that you actually have an H9 mono connected that is being detected correctly, or is the superstar colour being mis-detected as the H9? I presume the first option, but just checking...

Having looked at the SDK code from SX I use to talk to the cameras, it does list the SuperStar-C as one of the camera names, so a bit strange that it is not picked up. Could you post the SharpCap log text (the full contents after the program has started up and you have opened the camera menu).

thanks,

Robin