Phillips SPC900nc/00 Webcam

Kelron

Phillips SPC900nc/00 Webcam

Post by Kelron »

Hi. everyone, I'm new to this forum, and I hope I am able to contribute useful stuff to it in time.
Meanwhile, I have a dilemma which I hope I can get help with from you guys.

I bought the above model Webcam without giving any thought to the Operating System of my computer, which is
a 64 bit machine running on Windows 10 OS. It seems the Camera I bought, (Which was quite inexpensive),
Is not compatible with WIN 10. :o so I hope for some advice that would allow me to get around this problem,
and which drivers I need to suit this model I have.

Thanks in advance for any forthcoming advice.
Ron.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Phillips SPC900nc/00 Webcam

Post by admin »

Hi,

I thought that the Windows 7 drivers that can still be found on the Philips website are suitable for using this camera on Windows 10 (including the 64-bit version).

Cheers, Robin
dmtrask

Post by dmtrask »

Did the Windows 7 driver work, and if so, how did you load it?
515bonner

Post by 515bonner »

I had both the Phillips SPC900 and the toUcam and after windows XP never could get them to work when I had to upgrade to win7. I suspect win10 is even more reluctant to load old drivers.
At one time I thought I had the SPC going and then one day it just quit. The SPC900 and toUcam I couldn't even give away. No body wanted them so I finally chuck them with a proper burial. Even though they were great cameras in the day, they are now out surpassed by other cmos/ccd cameras that are what I consider affordable ($100-$500 range).
I now use the ZWO ASI120mm-s and the ASI290mc.

Just my 2cents worth.

Rob
14.5" f5.3 Starmaster | 8" f7Starmaster | 9.25" Celestron | 6" Orion Mak | 4" Celestron refractor (Vixen)
iOptron CEM40 | iOptron Cube Pro | SkyCommander XP4
ASI120mm-s | ASI290MC
Televue and UO Konig II eyepieces
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

The SPC 900 camera can certainly be made to work on Windows 10 (and 7 and 8for that matter) - the Windows 7 driver pack install with no problems (https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/fi ... 2k_eng.zip). I still have a couple of these cameras that I occasionally have to dig out to some testing with.

Rob is quite correct though that these cameras whilst good in their day are merely a historical curiosity now.

Cheers, Robin
rizarefaldi

Post by rizarefaldi »

hello sorry im not creating new thread but it is also about Phillips SPC900nc/00 Webcam cara membuat halaman di word
is there anyone tried it on windows 11?
after updating my windows to win 11 the webcam is blank.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I just tested in a Windows 11 virtual machine - the driver installation failed for me, but I copied the driver files from another PC and used 'update driver'. Once I had done that, SharpCap sees the camera and gets an image. Note that this machine was a fresh install of Win11 (latest preview), not an upgrade.

cheers,

Robin