ASI120MM -- MONO16 Mode Problem

ademart50

ASI120MM -- MONO16 Mode Problem

Post by ademart50 »

I am using an ASI071MC-Cool for photograpy and an ASI120MM for guidance. For testing, I run two copies of SharpCap 3.0. Both cameras are connected to a USB3 hub which then goes by a single extension cable to my laptop. For a long while, this was running well. Lately, I have been experimenting with different settings to see what effects they might have on the entire system. At one point I made a change that pretty much stopped the guider.

I changed the mode from MONO8 to MONO16 and this introduced problems that sound like other ASI120 problem reports. SC started dropping frames. Most of the time, the green progress bar would not appear. The time progress indication would be missing too. No data was visible on the screen. I could restart the camera and none of this would change.

Last night, I changed the mode back to MONO8 and everything went back to normal. Both cameras are working in "parallel" and the frame dropping/freeze problems are gone.

Can anyone else recreate these ASI120 problems by switching into MONO16 mode?

Thanks.
theoatc

Re: ASI120MM -- MONO16 Mode Problem

Post by theoatc »

Mine lap freezes completely when changing to 16 bit either when I try my 120 or 183.. Completely confused...