Sharpcap wont recognize my cameras

musicmatters

Sharpcap wont recognize my cameras

Post by musicmatters »

I was using Sharpcap no problem for about 3 months, and then yesterday it wont recognize any cameras. I have a 294MCPRo and a 385MC and neither of them work

I see them show up in windows device manager

I reinstalled all the drivers. I tried both Srahpcap 3.2 and 4.0. Can I have both of the version installed at the same time? Is that causing a problem?
musicmatters

Re: Sharpcap wont recognize my cameras

Post by musicmatters »

I see there is a yellow triangle next to the device in device manager. But I uninstalled every driver and reinstalled and and they still don't recognize. Not with multiple cameras
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

if you are seeing the yellow triangle warning in device manager then that is the root cause of SharpCap not seeing the devices - Windows has not managed to set them up properly.

You can right-click on the device in device manage, then choose properties - that usually shows some 'Device Status' information which might tell you more about why you are seeing the yellow triangle.

Some things I can suggest trying are

* Try plugging into a different USB port
* Try a different USB cable
* Remove USB hubs/extensions if you are using them and test with a single short cable direct to the device
* Try a different PC if you can

cheers,

Robin
musicmatters

Post by musicmatters »

I tried the different cable/port route and did not help

Yes they work on another computer, but I wat to use them on this computer as it is much more capable. I'm trying out figure out what's wrong with this computer and how to rectify it
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, so in that case the status message from device manager becomes the important thing as it will (hopefully) tell you why you are getting the yellow warning triangle.

One thing you can do is right click on the device with the yellow warning and choose 'uninstall device', then unplug and reconnect the camera. The uninstall makes Windows forget any previously saved device driver information about the device, so when you reconnect it, it should be like connecting it for the first time.

cheers,

Robin
musicmatters

Post by musicmatters »

I seem to just be in an endless loop of uninstall, then reinstall, then I get this error when trying to solve the Yellow triangle problem.

Also attached is the message form the Device manager log
Attachments
IMG_2766.jpg
IMG_2766.jpg (113.16 KiB) Viewed 2511 times
IMG_2767.jpg
IMG_2767.jpg (122.89 KiB) Viewed 2511 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

have you tried uninstalling the ZWO camera drivers (from the Windows control panel), reboot, install ZWO drivers again from scratch and then plug in the camera? I think that is what I would try in your situation - beyond that you may have to ask ZWO for assistance.

cheers,

Robin
Zeeman Zeeforce

Post by Zeeman Zeeforce »

try and use the restore function in your windows system and restore it to a point of 3 months ago or so. This will bring all the correct older settings and it should correct the issue. good luck.

Zeeman