Problem - Frame Rate Limit No faster than 1 frame/sec

Steveo

Problem - Frame Rate Limit No faster than 1 frame/sec

Post by Steveo »

I'm new to this forum, and apologize in advance if I've posted in the wrong area. I have a ZWO ISI174 mono that I have successfully used with SharpCap Pro 3.2 for solar imaging. Today, when I tried to image the Sun, the Frame Rate Limit box would not list anything faster than 1 frame/second (i.e. did not list "maximum"). Any assistance would be much appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem - Frame Rate Limit No faster than 1 frame/sec

Post by admin »

Hi,

not something I've seen before - I just happened to have the colour version of that camera on my desk at the moment, so I tested and the list came up as usual (including all options).

One thing you could try is to hold down the <CTRL> key while opening the camera - that stops SharpCap from restoring the camera settings that were in use the last time you used the camera, so the frame rate should default back to 'Maximum'.

cheers,

Robin
Steveo

Re:Cause and Solution - Frame Rate Limit No faster than 1 frame/sec

Post by Steveo »

Robin, Thanks for taking the time to respond to my issue, but this morning I actually found the cause and solution to this issue. It turns out that under File>SharpCap Settings>Memory Tab>Paged - For some reason the High Speed Frame slider was at the minimum setting; I set this slider to a higher memory setting, restarted the program, and when I reopened SharpCap, the Frame Rate Limit box listed "Maximum" so it looks like my problem is solved. Thanks again for your reply...