Purple screen with ASI2600MC

Vigo79

Purple screen with ASI2600MC

Post by Vigo79 »

Hello,

yesterday I tried the first time Sharpcap with my ASI2600MC. I got a connection and had no problems to see the moon. After a while i had a clear "purple" screen. First I thought its the whitebalance, but nothing changes. I tried to change Exposure time, Gain, White Balance, USB traffic limit. It was always the same purple liveimage with the same brightness. I thought on a hardware defect, but in a test with N.I.N.A i got no problems.
I startet Sharp Cap again and had the same problem. Then I startet Windows 10 again, the same problem.

What else can I do?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Purple screen with ASI2600MC

Post by admin »

Hi,

the purple image is usually a sign that the debayering settings for the camera are not correct – that is that SharpCap is applying the debayering operation thinking for example that the camera has an RGGB sensor when in fact it has a GRGB sensor (or similar).

If you look in the controls on the right-hand side you will see one labelled 'Debayer Preview'. Generally, this should be left set to 'On', which means that SharpCap will automatically use what it thinks are the correct settings. If this control is set to anything else then please reset it to 'On'.

If the control is already set to 'On', then it may mean that for some reason SharpCap is confused about the pattern for your cameras sensor. If you try running through the four 'Force XXXX' options you can tell SharpCap to try each of the four possible patterns in turn. Two of them will probably give you the purple colour, one will give the correct colours and one will have the green channel correct but will swap the red and blue channels. If you have a red torch then shine it into the camera sensor or down the telescope – when you have the right setting the image will go red, but if you have any of the wrong settings it will turn a different colour.

Hope this helps, Robin