Low FPS with ZWOASI120MC

David Scanlan

Low FPS with ZWOASI120MC

Post by David Scanlan »

Hi All,

Back in October I was doing an imaging run when sharpcap suddenly dropped my fps to 0.5.

I thought it might have been my old laptop so bought a new one but still getting the same slow fps rate when I try imaging. I have adjusted the resolution, turbo, exposure etc etc everything I can think of but I simply cannot imaging at such a slow fps.

Has anyone else experienced this...I have tried everything I can think to get this resolved and get back to imaging the moon but I simply cant fix it. Any suggestions or fixes?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Low FPS with ZWOASI120MC

Post by admin »

Hi,

lots of things that you could try to see if they help resolve this:

* Check out the USB troubleshooting steps - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=349&p=1556#p1556 - particularly, try different cables and ports and try adjusting the turbo USB setting to see if changing that value helps bring things back to normal

* Check that the camera is in 8-bit mode – there has been a number of people with problems with this camera which seem to mostly relate to 16 bit mode.

* Make sure you set a short exposures – it's one of those 'check the plug' things - seems obvious but sometimes people haven't noticed that they've set a longer exposure time which naturally slows down the frame rate.

Cheers, Robin