Latest version of Sharpcap not recognizing ZWO 533

lasvideo

Latest version of Sharpcap not recognizing ZWO 533

Post by lasvideo »

I have the latest version of Sharpcap 3.2.644.2 installed on my laptop running most recent Win 10 and it is not recognizing ZWO 533.
First I tried it on this brand new laptop with no drivers for the camera. Then I downloaded the Native driver that ZWO says MUST be installed for PCs to recognize the camera. Neither driver approach worked.The camera is powered and feeds the laptop from the USB 3 /USB 2 data interface port on the camera.
HELP! :)
Menno555

Re: Latest version of Sharpcap not recognizing ZWO 533

Post by Menno555 »

Hi

I had the same with my 2 Zwo cameras and it worked for me to uninstall SharpCap, download the latest version again and install. After that my 2 cameras were detected as usual.
Maybe this will work for you too?

Menno
lasvideo

Post by lasvideo »

Thansk, but the only version I installed is the latest version. At least its good to hear that someone else has the same issue with Sharpcap. ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it certainly should work for that version, since it has the latest ZWO software included in. Combine that with the latest drivers and you should be okay. I'd suggest doing a reboot after installing the drivers and also trying an uninstall and reinstall of SharpCap like Menno suggested. If it's still not working then let us know and we can try to investigate further.

Cheers, Robin
lasvideo

Post by lasvideo »

Thanks Robin.

Ive been thinking about what was suggested. It dawned on me that FIRST I installed Sharpcazp AND THEN I installed the ZWO Native drivers. Then rebooted.

It occurred to me that maybe the drivers needed to be installed FIRST so when I installed Sharpcap, it would see them and do something with them.

I have done the uninstall and reinstall process and will soon test the 533 again.
lasvideo

Post by lasvideo »

Yes, it's as I suspected. Owners of ZWO cameras must instal the Native ZWO drivers first, THEN install Sharpcap in order for it to see their cameras. :)
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Thanks. Good to know :)
Hobby Astronomer

Post by Hobby Astronomer »

Sometimes a shorter USB cable works. Sometimes coming in through a USB C port.

I went through hell with both the 533 and the 294. Definitely a ZWO issue and not a Sharpcap issue.