ZWO ASI462 MC (Colour) - Not Recognised.

KEJ

ZWO ASI462 MC (Colour) - Not Recognised.

Post by KEJ »

Robin hi

My shiney new ZWO ASI462 MC just arrived, hoping to catch the tail end of Mars when(if) the weather changes.

I just quickly setup my scope in the kitchen for a daytime test, plugged everything in and fired up SharpCap, but it does not recognise the Camera (does not appear on the pulldown menus et)c.

I assume thats because it's relatively new ?

Obviously, I appreciate you are a busy man, but just wondering what your thoughts are and if you are already aware and if so when you were possibly intending to check for or implement any updates ?

In the meantime, does anyone else recommend any alternative capture programs to try ?

As ever, thanks
Keith
KEJ

Re: ZWO ASI462 MC (Colour) - Not Recognised.

Post by KEJ »

Just went onto the ZWO/ASI website and downloaded and installed the device drivers and bingo the camera has appeared in SharpCap.

However, the weather has closed in, so I cannot see across the valley, but in theory should be fine.

Thanks
KEJ

Post by KEJ »

So, my new planetary camera arrived today, ZWO ASI462 MC.

As the weather currently leaves a lot to be desired(overcast, dull and wet), I quickly set the scope up in the conservatory and pointed it over the Valley at some houses, I’m guessing approx. 1 mile away.

FPS(Frames Per Second)
Got it up to over 400 FPS just messing around with a small ROI(Region of Interest) – 15 secs, mental for 6000 pictures/frames.

Test Shots
So I pointed it at some houses and fired off 6000 frames at pretty much 400FPS.
Just quickly stacked them and quick clean in PS etc.

Conclusion
Really impressed with the initial tests! Just need the weather to play ball.
Fig02sm.jpg
Fig02sm.jpg (804.01 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
Fig04.jpg
Fig04.jpg (91.78 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Keith,

Glad to hear that installing the latest drivers got things going for you. Looks like that camera is quite a beast – hope you get some clear skies soon!

Cheers, Robin
KEJ

Post by KEJ »

admin wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:00 pm Hi Keith,

Glad to hear that installing the latest drivers got things going for you. Looks like that camera is quite a beast – hope you get some clear skies soon!

Cheers, Robin
Robin good evening

Thanks for getting back to me and yes, I hope so !

Cheers