ZWO 462MC not detected

AbsolutelyN

ZWO 462MC not detected

Post by AbsolutelyN »

Hi. I recently got a ZWO 462MC and can't get it to connect with SharpCap on my laptop (Surface Book 2).

It works perfectly ok on my desktop which is running this version:
3.2.6383.0 - desktop

My laptop was using an older version of SharpCap but not old enough to say there was an update. So I downloaded latest version and installed that. Unfortunately it still wont detect it.
3.2.6441.0 - laptop

All latest ZWO drivers are installed. Even stranger is that it works fine inn ASIStudio on the laptop.

Any advice much appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Re: ZWO 462MC not detected

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'd suggest trying the exact same version that you have on the desktop PC to see if that helps – 3.2.6441 includes a brand-new version of the ZWO SDK, and it's always possible that might have somehow broken support for your particular model of camera. The other thing I'd ask you to check is that you have the same version on both the laptop at the desktop (i.e. both 32 bit or both 64 bit). It's just possible that that could make a difference, although this sort of problem is relatively rare with ZWO cameras.

Finally I always have to ask the question about USB connections – are you using any hubs/extensions/long cables? If so it's always worth trying going back to basics with a single short USB cable.

Cheers, Robin
AbsolutelyN

Post by AbsolutelyN »

Thanks Robin. I uninstalled and then installed the same version as desktop in 32bit and it works perfectly. Just in time to capture Mars tonight too. Cable was just the standard usb3 cable that comes with camera, no hub. I do wonder if I installed a 64bit version. Much appreciated!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Glad you got it working – if you happen to ever install the 64 bit version again and it still fails to work correctly then let me know – for ZWO cameras they should work in both the 32 and 64-bit versions and if one or more models isn't working properly then I can report it to ZWO as a bug.

Cheers, Robin