Sensor analysis ASI178MC

destridge

Sensor analysis ASI178MC

Post by destridge »

I've been trying for almost a year to get this thing to work. First I used the scope, HD Edge 9.25, using a tee shirt, too bright. Two layers, four, gray tee shirt. Same message. I bought an LED light panel, got the right translucent white plexiglass from a photo supply house. Turned the light box all the way down, still no go, too bright. Did the tee shirt route again, with the same result, too bright. One time I got it to work on the first analysis, but the third said; too dim. The last two days I have just been using the camera on the light panel with the translucent sheet, lowest light setting, too bright. Did the tee shirt to six layers, almost no light, too bright. I have restarted it between attempts etc. And in the last two days no red ROI square. And if you go to FX it knocks you out of sensor analysis. I could use some advise.

Estridge
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor analysis ASI178MC

Post by admin »

Hi,

are you using the very latest version of SharpCap? I change the way that the illumination set up is done about two or three months ago to make it much less likely that you will get kicked out of the process halfway through because it is too bright or too dim. Basically the new version puts all the adjustment upfront so that if you can get past the first stage issue then complete successfully.

Cheers, Robin