ASI294MC Pro colour binning

lkrustev

ASI294MC Pro colour binning

Post by lkrustev »

Hello,

I would like to ask about the binning of OSC cameras like ASI294MC. When I try to bin 2x2, and then in the post processing stacking I can not get a colourful image.

I am using fits format and RAW16.

Thank you in advance!
admin
Site Admin

Re: ASI294MC Pro colour binning

Post by admin »

Hi,

Does the image show up in colour when you capture it in SharpCap? I have seen some cameras where enabling binning does seem to kill off the colour – I think on some ZWO cameras that happens when hardware binning is enabled, but not when software binning is enabled. If the image is showing in colour in SharpCap then there are probably just some processing settings that need to be worked out. If the image is grey in SharpCap then there may be no colour information at all.

Cheers, Robin
lkrustev

Post by lkrustev »

Yes, it is live stacking in colour. I will try to find a solution in the stacking software.

Thank you for your time Robin!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

If you are saving the output in fits format and you are using deep sky stacker, then there is a setting buried somewhere in deep sky stacker that tells it to interpret mono fits files as raw colour images – perhaps you need to turn this on and set the appropriate Bayer pattern?

Cheers, Robin