color balance

Rappnron@aol.com

color balance

Post by Rappnron@aol.com »

my question is how to adjust the red, green, blue sliders to achieve correct color balance

I am imaging in Los Angeles with a ASI 533 mc and with UV/cutoff filter am getting quite green background
so am I to bring the red histogram up to the blue and green and match all 3 peaks or am I to bring the green and blue down to the red?

thanks
Ron
BlackWikkett

Re: color balance

Post by BlackWikkett »

Assuming you're using live stacking since you mention red, green and blue sliders. If this is incorrect please update the thread. Just below the red slider in live stacking is a button, if u hover your mouse it will indicate auto color balance. Click this to get an initial color balance. This will attempt to align the peaks of your histogram but will most likely not be perfect. From here adjust the the sliders manually to achieve color balance. I usually adjust the red and blue channels (sliders) to the green. Then tweak the green as needed for fine tuning by looking at the live stack image and the histogram.

To get to fine adjustment of .02 decibels of +/- gain click on the slider you want to adjust (not above or below the slider but on it) then move the mouse from the slider then move it back again and allow it to hover over the slider. This will open a text box at the slider that indicates the current value. Now you can use your up / down arrow keys on the keyboard to make the fine adjustment.

Here's a link to the manual https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/3.2/#Live%20Stacking

GL, Chris