Sharpcap and asi224 exposure issues

gwzapo

Sharpcap and asi224 exposure issues

Post by gwzapo »

Hello,

I've been using Sharpcap for years and never had any issues until last night. Even if the exposure and gain was all the way to the left, all I got was a white screen. Rebooted the laptop, swapped out cables, installed new drivers, but no joy. However, if I ran other software such as Firecapture, or ASILive, I had no problems. I'm running 3.2.6248.0-2-28-2020. Now my system is old, running an AMD A4 cpu, but this is the first time I could not use Sharpcap.

Gary Zapotoczny
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap and asi224 exposure issues

Post by admin »

Hi Gary,

SharpCap usually restores the camera settings from the previous session when you open the camera – in most cases this is very helpful, but sometimes it can end up restoring a setting that causes a problem. It sounds like this may be happening to you.

The trick to get around this is to hold down the CTRL key while you are opening the camera – that stop SharpCap from reloading previous settings and should put the camera back to the default settings which will hopefully get rid of the problem.

Hope this sort out, Robin
gwzapo

Post by gwzapo »

Thanks Robin!!!

That worked just nicely. Much appreciated!!!

Gary
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Gary,

Glad to hear that that trick worked and that you have everything sorted now – clear skies!

Cheers, Robin