Problems with new ASI2600

TONI_B

Problems with new ASI2600

Post by TONI_B »

My new ASI2600 cam arrived yesterday! The latest drivers are installed and SharpCap recognizes the camera and all parameters can be changed. But there is no LiveView to see (all images are dropped). When recording, all images are dropped too even though the USB speed is at minimum (40).

Everything works well with ASICAP and the long exposures for DeepSky can be achieved with NINA without problems.

Has anyone else observed this behavior?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with new ASI2600

Post by admin »

Hi,

Are you using the very latest version of SharpCap (from the downloads page – there are newer versions there than the ones you will get via auto update)?
Since this is a brand model of camera it may need the very latest ZWO SDK which is only in recent versions of SharpCap.

Cheers, Robin
TONI_B

Post by TONI_B »

Hi,
thanks for pointing this out! So far I only used auto update. I will try the latest version as soon as possible and post the result.
TONI_B

Post by TONI_B »

With the latest version everything works fine!
Thanks for the great support!
zinke-berlin

Post by zinke-berlin »

Hello, I recently have a new camera from ZWO ASI2600MC pro. Unfortunately I can't get this to work in both SharpCap 3.2 32 bit and 64 bit versions. The frame display at the bottom right does not move at all and the droppped frames accumulate on the left, but a frame is not written. The program often crashes completely. Operating system is Windows 10 home with 16GB of RAM.
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Have you tried the latest version 3.2.6366 You can download from the download page found here: https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/downloads

-Chris
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

zinke-berlin wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:23 am Hello, I recently have a new camera from ZWO ASI2600MC pro. Unfortunately I can't get this to work in both SharpCap 3.2 32 bit and 64 bit versions. The frame display at the bottom right does not move at all and the droppped frames accumulate on the left, but a frame is not written. The program often crashes completely. Operating system is Windows 10 home with 16GB of RAM.
Did you manage to get this fixed? I'm having the same trouble but on my Eagle3. On my desktop everything is fine, I'm beginning to think the Eagle isn't powerful enough. Many thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

certainly check for the very latest SharpCap (from the downloads page, not from auto update), and the very latest ZWO drivers. I've also seen some suggestions that these larger sensor cameras need the 12 V power connected to work properly. Finally, whenever you have errors of this sort, simplify your USB setup as much as possible – i.e. one single non-extended cable from the camera directly back to the computer. If that works nicely then you can start reintroducing extensions/hubs to work out what breaks things.

Cheers, Robin
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Thanks Robin, the camera is on a dedicated USB3 port from the Eagle3 and I made sure I downloaded the latest of everything. But I never considered the power. I'm on a Nevada switched mode PSU into the Eagle3 so should be OK for the power. I'll look see if I can up the O/P frpom that a little fror try running a dedicated line from the PSU to the camera to see if that fixes things. It could be that the Eagle3 is suppressing the voltage a little
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Steve
I'm on a Nevada switched mode PSU into the Eagle3 so should be OK for the power
See below .....

Camera specs from the ZWO site https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/pr ... -pro-color. In here it mentions:
  • anti-dew heater which needs 5W
  • 2 stage TEC cooling down to 35°C below ambient
2 quotes from the page:
Note:ASI2600MC Pro camera requires 1A current from the USB, if your PC can not provide enough current, please use an external 12V power supply to power the camera. (Voltage range: 11~15V. 12V recommended).
Notice:Cooled cameras need a 12v power adapter, If you don’t have one, please click this link to buy a 12V power adapter. There are 4 different standard for different contury, please choose it carefully
USB3 specs say that 900mA (0.9A) is delivered over the bus (this is for non-charging ports) - easily confirmed on the internet.

Dave