wrong drivers?

glangas

wrong drivers?

Post by glangas »

So I'm not sure if this is a problem or not, but I finally decided to look into it some more. I have a QHY camera that I guide with, and my current imaging camera is the ASI178MC. The setup works fine with PHD2 and Sharpcap. However, every time I connect the ASI camera in Sharpcap, it shows up as "ZWO ASI178MC(QHY)". Everything seems to work fine, and until now I just kind of scratched my head and moved on. However, I've been wondering why the ASI camera shows up with the QHY statement at the end of it. I've tried deleting and reinstalling all of my drivers, and that didn't change anything. And since everything seems to be working fine, then I'm tempted to just ignore it. But my obsessive compulsiveness continues to wonder if there's something I should be doing differently. Anybody else have this issue?
admin
Site Admin

Re: wrong drivers?

Post by admin »

That's really weird, could you send a screenshot place so that I can be sure of which section the camera showing up under in the cameras menu.

Cheers, Robin
glangas

Post by glangas »

screenshot
screenshot
sharpcap.jpg (435.68 KiB) Viewed 2154 times
(So that's my first time trying to upload a photo. I'm not sure I did it right...)
glangas

Post by glangas »

Robin - So it looks like I got the photo uploaded. That's a screenshot from tonight. I have only the ZWO camera attached and connected. Why does it say (QHY) at the end?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

That is exceptionally weird! I just had to go and check the code to make sure of how SharpCap handles the names of ZWO cameras, and as far as I can see that name must have come straight from the ZWO SDK and driver – SharpCap doesn't have any code that could have stuck qhy on the end.

As long as everything else is working fine then I would be inclined to ignore it as just being one of those weird things.

Cheers, Robin
glangas

Post by glangas »

Thanks for checking.