Vertcial drizzle lines on live stacking

elken2004

Vertcial drizzle lines on live stacking

Post by elken2004 »

Hi Robin,
Something I have had on the asi1071 and the asi 1600mc cameras when using live stack is the effect of drizzly looking vertical lines sort of like smearing.
I have stacked the raw images using CCDstack and they dont appear so it does not seem to be in the individual shots.
It is quite apparent on DSO objects
Say when using 60 second shots.
Is there something I am not doing correctly?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Vertcial drizzle lines on live stacking

Post by admin »

Interesting - are you also guiding the scope? I ask because if you are not guiding then the slow natural drift of the pointing of the telescope would usually be expected to smear out any pattern noise from the camera (effectively the same as deliberately dithering).

If you are using the 3.0 beta then you can look at the 'Drift Graph' tab in live stacking to check that you are getting some drift and that SharpCap is correctly dealing with the problem - you should see the points in the graph scatter or gradually drift over at least a few pixels in each direction.

Any more info would be appreciated - I haven't noticed this myself although I haven't had much time to use the ASI071 properly yet.

cheers,

Robin
elken2004

Post by elken2004 »

I am using a guider, I am able to stack the images without aligning them first from the raw saved.
How ever the saved as say 32bit from live stacking has this effect.
The drift graph (right hand one shows a stable group of green markers on the horz ref line
The left hand graph shows some scatter
I did see this on the asi1600 as well
my camera sets are gain 300, auto red and blue, exposure of 60 seconds cooler -10
scope was a ED80mm also had same with GSO RC10"

Dark applied with settings of -10 gain 300

I did post a pic of the horsehead on sharpcap facebook page, not sure if you have seen it yet as I could not add image here.
cheers
Clive.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Clive,

I can see your post on Facebook, but Facebook has shrunk it down and seems to have destroyed the detail that's important in this case. I'm afraid I have a size limit for attachments on here to avoid the hosting server filling up and to keep the backup requirements from getting out of hand. If you want to pop the full image on somewhere like dropbox, google drive, etc and send a sharing link to it by PM that would be fine.

cheers,

Robin