Sensor Analysis QHY128C

Haggish59

Sensor Analysis QHY128C

Post by Haggish59 »

Hi,
When i connect to my QHY128c with ascom driver to take a sensor analysis I can only choose mono, not RAW16 which I have understood that I should choose. I use the latest SharpCap and drivers

-Geir
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor Analysis QHY128C

Post by admin »

Hi,

unfortunately ASCOM does not provide a way to choose easily between the different colour options available on a camera and some drivers report MONO for colour cameras in RAW mode. Your options are

1) Don't use the ASCOM driver, use the built in SharpCap support for the QHY cameras - that should give you full options

2) You should have a 'Debayer Preview' control available under ASCOM - work through the 'Force ????' options in that to find the one that gives correct colours on your camera - that forces SharpCap to treat the camera as RAW even though it is reporting itself as MONO. Once you have done that, run the sensor analysis. As a check make sure that the histogram you see in the sensor analysis UI only has a single peak (not two).

cheers,

Robin
Haggish59

Post by Haggish59 »

Thanks Robin,

I'll try that.

-Geir
AZYoder

Post by AZYoder »

I also have a QHY128c with the same issue. I am getting Mono when connecting to the camera:
My choice of cameras include:
1. QHY128C
2. QHYCCD-Cameras-Capture
3. QHY Cameras NOTE: this is listed, but disabled.

I have tried the QHY128C connection, and I get a white screen, no changes in settings seem to change this.
My next guess would be to try the QHY Cameras selection, but this is dimmed out.
Finally, if I go to the QHYCCD-Cameras-Capture, The camera seems to work fine except for the fact that it is in Mono only.

I have not been able to find any reference to the 'Debayer Preview' option mention in relation to the ASCOM driver.

Does anyone have any recomendations?

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, so...

The disabled 'QHY Cameras' item is the heading for the list of QHY cameras that should come directly afterwards - the camera choice in this section is the one that you should use if at all possible as it should give best control over the camera. I suspect that the QHY128C option is appearing under the 'QHY Cameras' section and that's clearly not working correctly for you, so you need to fall back on the 'QHYCCD-Cameras-Capture' option, which I guess is in the 'ASCOM Cameras' section of the menu.

So, how to deal witht he mono image - in the controls on the right you should see a 'Debayer Preview' control with 4 options (and 'Off' too). Run through the four different options to find the one that gives the right colours (it's a good idea to point the camera at something red when doing this). Once you have got the right option you are good to go.

cheers,

Robin