No Filter Wheel control with QHY268M

Funkonaut

No Filter Wheel control with QHY268M

Post by Funkonaut »

I tried using my new QHY268M with QHYCFW3 attached to the camera via the 4-pin CFW port but Sharpcap isn't recognizing the filter wheel when it connects to the camera. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Power up my QHY268M. The filter wheel cycles through twice and settles on filter 1.
2. Open Sharpcap.
3. From the Cameras drop down I choose QHY268M under the QHY Cameras section.
4. The camera connects, camera controls appear in the left area, and the live feed begins.
5. No filter wheel controls are visible in the camera controls section (as I understand it, that should appear after connection).

As others have mentioned, if I choose the ASCOM driver instead of the direct QHY driver I get the exception from the driver that the camera must be connected first; there's no way for me to get Sharpcap to connect to the QHY268M and then the QHYCFW3 (or at least I can't figure it out :) )

Any suggestions on how to get this working? Thanks in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Re: No Filter Wheel control with QHY268M

Post by admin »

Hi,

that sounds like correct procedure - all I can think of is to check that you have 12V power to the camera (but if not, then the wheel would probably not even spin). Also, you are looking in the 'Scope control' section of the controls, yes?

If you enable 'Log camera hardware communicatin' in the logging settings then test you should get more info in the log, which ought to include this

Code: Select all

Verbose	21:54:56.741330	#1 	Camera : SharpCap.Cameras.QHY.Camera.IsControlAvailable :: Completed (returned True) IsControlAvailable(CONTROL_CFWPORT)
Verbose	21:54:56.741330	#1 	Camera : SharpCap.Cameras.QHY.Camera.IsFilterWheelPluggedIn :: Starting IsFilterWheelPluggedIn()
Verbose	21:54:57.246273	#1 	Camera : SharpCap.Cameras.QHY.Camera.IsFilterWheelPluggedIn :: Completed (returned True) IsFilterWheelPluggedIn()
That's what I see for my QHY174GPS with CFW2-S. It would be interesting to see what you get.

Finally, the other option is to connect the wheel via its USB connection and use the QHY ASCOM driver for the wheel (no need to use ASCOM for the camera)

cheers,

Robin