Happy to report Dr. Glover

DiligentSkies

Happy to report Dr. Glover

Post by DiligentSkies »

Hello Robin,

Back in February and March of 2021, I was reporting a number of issues with exposures not timing out.
Some of which revolved around the documented Force Still Mode issue and as it turned out some glitch with installed QHY drivers when I updated from SharpCap version 3.2.6477.0

At the time I had to roll back SharpCap to version 3.2.6477.0 just to get SharpCap to take an exposure even though I still experienced a lag in being able to take exposures by SharpCap having to cycle though several exposure durations after I change any of exposure settings.

I am happy to report that when I recently uninstalled the QHYCCD AllInOne drivers and Sharpcap 3.2 software and reinstalled the latest Sharpcap 4 beta software and QHYCCD AllInOne 21.03.13.17 drivers for my QHY268c camera.
I was finally able to enable Force Still mode with out SharpCap crashing.
Doing this solved my exposures not timing out.

(NOTE TO ALL)
(Currently, QHYCCD downloads has a stable version of the AllInOne drivers called 21.03.13.17 and a beta version.)
(However, when I hover over the beta link it is clear it is the same file download.)

Additionally, the option of DDR Buffering is enabled by default and can not be switched to off when Force Still Mode is enabled.
Not sure if that is the expected results or just another software bug to be ironed out.
I only mention this because in other discussion threads.
My take away from those discussions was disabling DDR buffering forces SharpCap to work with the latest data. While with buffering enable SharpCap's sensor analysis may not be working with the newest data but using a buffered data set that may affect the Sensor Analysis algorithms.

Sincerely,
Mark
admin
Site Admin

Re: Happy to report Dr. Glover

Post by admin »

Hi Mark,

glad to hear that you have had success getting your camera to work with SC 4.0. We did a lot of work in 4.0 to try to improve compatibility with newer QHY cameras which has hopefully been successful.

For the DDR control, I had a discussion with QHY back in April about this - they recommend that DDR must always be turned on when using cameras with DDR in still mode, so SharpCap enforces that to avoid reliability problems (in fact doing this fixed a number of issues).

thanks,

Robin