QHYIII224C Anti Amp Glow

LaCasaCorp

QHYIII224C Anti Amp Glow

Post by LaCasaCorp »

Hello,

Ii'm having a problem with the Anti Amp noise command on the QHYIII224: seems like the control of the anti amp noise doesn't work.
If i activate the function in another software (Genika Astro) and i go back to Sharpcap Pro (3 or 3.1 with the latest QHY sdk) the on off control works as intended.... If i restart the computer i need to go back to the external software first, in order to have the Sharpcap control work as intended.

Thank you
F.
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHYIII224C Anti Amp Glow

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have just tested with my QHY174M using the latest release of SharpCap (3.1.4619 beta) and the amp glow control works nicely in SharpCap without needing to be initialized from some other application first. Same result when I test with the QHY178C. That indicates to me that SharpCap is sending the correct commands to the SDK to enable amp glow reduction, but that it is not working correctly for your camera.

You could try raising this bug with QHY to see if they know about it. Another possible thing to test would be to copy the QHY SDK from your Genika installation over the one that SharpCap installs. If you find that SharpCap now starts controlling the amp glow control correctly then it would point to a bug being introduced in the SDK between the version used by Genika and the one being used by SharpCap. If this is the case, please let me know what version of the DLL Genika is using if you can work it out.

cheers,

Robin
LaCasaCorp

Post by LaCasaCorp »

Genika is using the 64bit and Sharpcap the 32bit version of the same V2017.10.25.0 SDK dll. Sharpcap is 3.1.4608.0

I also have a QHYIII178M and a QHYIII290M... With the 290 I cannot see any real amp glow even in 30 seconds exposures with a high gain, but looks like its working correctly on the 178M (i can see a difference switching it on and off).
LaCasaCorp

Post by LaCasaCorp »

This is at the first startup:

This is after initializing the camera in Genika Astro:
AAG on

AAG off
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Does changing any of the other camera parameters after turning on the amp noise reduction in SharpCap help?

I already have code that re-sends the current exposure to the camera after setting the amp noise reduction to 'auto', otherwise setting the auto mode on does not work. Just wondering if there is something similar required here (though why it would be fine on 174/178/290 and not on the 224 makes no sense).

cheers,

Robin
LaCasaCorp

Post by LaCasaCorp »

I tried all the permutations and apparently there is no other way to trigger the anti-amp glow that is not using the external software... Changing exposure, gain, usb traffic, bit depth doesn't change the status of the anti amp glow.

F.

Btw
Thank you for the great support!
LaCasaCorp

Post by LaCasaCorp »

I received this answer from QHY:
Hello,

This is not SDK set issue,we just set a data interface,whether turn on anti amp glow or not is depend on the procedure.

So,if the procedure anti amp glow default setting is turn on,like Sharpcap,the camera will turn on this function,
if the procedure default setting is turn off,like Genike Astro,need you manual turn on this function after you running this procedure.

due to those procedure is not our's,so I think the issue solution is contact the procedure author to fixing it.

Best Regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm not quite sure what to make of that reply!! :)

I think that the next step is for me to put some logging in to record the values being sent to the Anti Amp Glow API in the log so that we can check that it really is the right message being sent, although I'm pretty sure it is. If that doesn't reveal anything then maybe a trial x64 version of SharpCap to see if there really is a difference between the 32 bit and 64 bit versions (not sure how easy that will be)

cheers,

Robin
LaCasaCorp

Post by LaCasaCorp »

Let me know if you need any further test or action from my side, I will be more than happy to try....

F.
LaCasaCorp

Post by LaCasaCorp »

After some back and forth looks like that QHY found something on their side, this is the latest message from them:

I have get your camera problem,and we will fix it soon,thanks for you feedback and patience.

I will keep you posted
F.