Sharpcap freezes when PHD2 starts looking with QHY290c

bessell61

Sharpcap freezes when PHD2 starts looking with QHY290c

Post by bessell61 »

Hello,

I'm having some trouble pinpointing this problem with QHY and Sharpcap. I've attached some logs and info. I power everything up on my "Rig" then on my Lenovo I have 2 USB ports and plug the USB for my Hub into the 2nd port closer to the back. I then open the Celestron CPWI Software and connect to the dvanced_VX_Series_mount. Once this connects I open SharpCap 3.2.6482 and connect to the QHY 290C main scope. Everything is reading and got a frame displaying. Then I open PDH2 2.6.9 and connect to the mount and QHY 5L-II Autoguider. Then Sharpcap and PDH2 freeze while PDH2 shows alert keeps trying to reconnect to the guide. I have tried this by opening PDH2 and the Sharpcap. I also tried the other USB port. I also tried with the HY 5L-II Autoguider connected to one port and the other to the other port. I tried to update the USB drivers and windows updates. Ascom seems to be up to date. I would like to ask for some assistance.

Best Regards
Attachments
usb tree viewer.txt
(210.2 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
PHD2_DebugLog_2021-05-09_141347.txt
(505.7 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Sharpcap log.txt
(71.72 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap freezes when PHD2 starts looking with QHY290c

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think that PHD2 is trying to open your 290C, which then freezes the camera in SharpCap. The same happens for me in testing here with a QHY178C open in SharpCap and trying to then open a QHY camera in PHD2.

The trick is to use the select device button in PHD2 to tell it that you want to open the other QHY camera - in my case the QHY5LIIC. Then when PHD2 opens the camera, SharpCap keeps running happily.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (16.1 KiB) Viewed 1344 times
cheers

Robin
bessell61

Post by bessell61 »

Hi Robin,
Thats a great observation. I did not note this. I will have a look at this when I get off work and see. Would be great if that easy lol.
Thanks!
Adam
bessell61

Post by bessell61 »

Robin,
You hit this one right on the nose!Thank you so much. I'm back in business. :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for reporting back - good to hear that your issue is fixed :)

cheers,

Robin