QHY268m + sensor analysis not working Part 2

BobW

QHY268m + sensor analysis not working Part 2

Post by BobW »

OK so I was able to get the box to appear thank you. BUT Now I am having a issue with brightness of my light panel. I have a EL panel with a dimmer on it. I have tried to for almost 3 hours of minute adjustment and keeps failing. it is either to bright or need to reduce brightness. WHAT can I do to get this to work right.
Screenshot 2021-04-09 120130.png
Screenshot 2021-04-09 120130.png (107.83 KiB) Viewed 691 times
BobW

Re: QHY268m + sensor analysis not working Part 2

Post by BobW »

also looking at the logs I see that it get close to that 65% and then it will try a small adjustment not work so it double exposure... WTF... I have tried for 5 hours with different light sources and still fails every time... PLEASE explain other then your manual which tells nothing on how to fix or adjust to get it to work.
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY268m + sensor analysis not working Part 2

Post by admin »

Hi,

can you try turning off the 'Use DDR Buffer' option in the camera controls?

When this option is turned on, changes in the camera settings do not appear in the visible image for a number of frames. Although SharpCap makes an allowance for this during the sensor analysis, I suspect that the allowance is not for a large enough number of frames for this particular camera. Turning off DDR improves the responsiveness.

At least, I hope that's the problem... I've seen all sorts of strange behaviour unearthed by the analysis procedure including cameras that don't even time their exposures properly - one model (naming no brand names) would perform an exposure of 1.4s if asked for any value between 1.3 and 1.5s, ask for anything between 1.5 and 1.7s and you got 1.6s and so on.

If you still have problems, look at the exposure values that you found in the logs (the shorter ones that gave the low brightness and the longer one that suddenly jumped to a high brightness) and try them manually to see if you see the same behaviour.

cheers,

Robin