QHY268C - Always buffers 3 frames

vichman

Re: QHY268C - Always buffers 3 frames

Post by vichman »

Hi Jason,

I had a similar issue with my 268C (no image at all, counter running), and updating to the very latest QHY Windows SW fixed the issue for me.
What QHY Windows SW version are you running?

CS,
Stefan
AmargosaSky

Post by AmargosaSky »

Stefan,

Thanks for weighing in. See the attached for all QHY apps and driver versions, I believe they are the most current because I've only had the camera for a month, but would have to verify:
qhyver.PNG
qhyver.PNG (12.12 KiB) Viewed 5785 times
Jason
vichman

Post by vichman »

Hi Jason,

I used the latest "AllInOne" Beta version from here:
https://www.qhyccd.com/download.html

(Robin, I hope it is OK to post the link here)

CS
Stefan
Jorike

Post by Jorike »

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and to astrophotography.
I've rather jumped in at the deep end here but am having exactly the same or similar problem.
When taking exposures the frame just seems to keep exposing, sometimes it eventually starts to collect frames - extremely frustrating.
I like this software but I've not found any software that'll run this camera reliably yet!
AmargosaSky

Post by AmargosaSky »

vichman wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:39 am Hi Jason,

I used the latest "AllInOne" Beta version from here:
https://www.qhyccd.com/download.html

(Robin, I hope it is OK to post the link here)

CS
Stefan
Thanks Stefan. I tried the beta last night and no effect. I appreciate the efforts though!

Jason
Jorike

Post by Jorike »

Hi,

I've just tested my scope today after a disastrous night and am experiencing exactly what Vichman is saying. Buffers 2 or 3 frames and then starts capturing normally. At least this makes it usable. I did try the latest Sharpcap (6480 I think) version but this didn't seem to work at all, it just exposed indefinitely. I'm using version 3.2.6383. I haven't found any other software at all that operates this camera reliably. Sharpcap is the best.

Rik
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Rik,

have you tried the SharpCap 4.0 beta (https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/sha ... s/4-0-beta) - lots of changes in that to try to improve stability for QHY cameras that are not in 3.2.

cheers,

Robin
Jorike

Post by Jorike »

Thanks Robin,

I'll give a try and let you know the outcome.
I tried by installing the latest SDK drivers from QHY and Sharpcap didn't recognise the camera at all so rolled back.
I have also been talking to Sequence Generator Pro to see if their software worked, I would prefer to use Sharpcap though, and it doesn't recognise the camera either. I tried it because in the Review of the QHY268C it was used so must work.
They say it's to do with QHY's installer and if ASCOM utilites can't see camera then neither will SGP.
I'm not really sure what ASCOM utilities is but all the ASCOM drivers should be installed.

Rik
Jorike

Post by Jorike »

Hi Robin,

So i've tried Beta Version 4 as suggested and this didn't work at all I'm afraid.
The camera just exposes indefinitely and is unusable even at very short 2s exposures as I then don't have any live view.

Rik
Jorike

Post by Jorike »

Hi Robin,

Version 3.2.6383 basically works ok apart from the first three shots which is fine, I don't mind waiting, but I'd been resetting because with longer exposures of say 4 mins I'd have to wait 12 mins to see that it was working but because I hadn't I'd keep resetting and starting again only to give up after a while.

Rik