QHY268C - Always buffers 3 frames

Jorike

Re: QHY268C - Always buffers 3 frames

Post by Jorike »

I tell a lie,

Just noticed that I was using version 3.2.6383, now using version 3.2.6433.
So both of these work for me apart from the buffering.

Rik
vichman

Post by vichman »

Is there a reason why you do not use the most recent version (3.2.6482)?
This has the most recent QHY SDK.

Also, when you installed the QHY SDK beta, did you replace the respective dll in the SharpCap folder? (this needs to be done manually)

CS
Stefan
Jorike

Post by Jorike »

Hi,

I don't use the latest version because the camera doesn't function at all.
The frames just endlessly loop even after three capture lengths.
I have installed the 'allinone' SDK driver both manually and using the QHY install.
If I install manually SC doesn't recognise the camera at all and then I have to re-install SC and the QHY drivers.
I have also tried QHY's latest 'allinone' drivers and these don't work at all.
TBH I'm getting pretty sick of this camera, I just can't get it to work reliably.
I've had it replaced once as QHY said it was faulty but I'm still having the same issues.
I've tried four different PC's, and several different Capture Software.

Rik
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Rik,

did you try beta version 4.0 yet? I've made a lot of changes in that version for the newer QHY cameras. It works a lot better with my 294PROC than 3.2 did, so maybe it will help with the 268?

https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/sha ... s/4-0-beta

Robin
vichman

Post by vichman »

Hello Rik,

sorry to hear that you still have sever problems.
Just to be sure: In order for Sharpcap to use the latest QHY driver you need to replace the respective DLL in the SharpCap folder manually (unless you use a SharpCap version where Robin took care of that). Did you do that?

CS
Stefan
Jorike

Post by Jorike »

Hi,
I'm in a situation now where nothing will recognise the camera via USB. Both the supplier and QHY are going to remotely log on and try to find out what's happening but I think yet again I have another duff QHY268C and will probably request a refund as I've been fighting to get the camera to work for nearly a year now with no success.
Many thanks for your advice though, I've tried pretty much everything I can from updating my bios, USB and Chipset drivers, Camera Drivers, several different versions of software, different ways of installing the drivers you name it, I've taken advice from other forums where people have had the same problems but the two QHY268C's I've had just don't work and I'm not prepared to pay £2k for a brick.

Rik
AmargosaSky

Post by AmargosaSky »

Jorike wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:29 pm Hi,
I'm in a situation now where nothing will recognise the camera via USB. Both the supplier and QHY are going to remotely log on and try to find out what's happening but I think yet again I have another duff QHY268C and will probably request a refund as I've been fighting to get the camera to work for nearly a year now with no success.
Many thanks for your advice though, I've tried pretty much everything I can from updating my bios, USB and Chipset drivers, Camera Drivers, several different versions of software, different ways of installing the drivers you name it, I've taken advice from other forums where people have had the same problems but the two QHY268C's I've had just don't work and I'm not prepared to pay £2k for a brick.

Rik
Rik - Out of curiosity, what us your wiring setup? My QHY268C issues still occur, but I was able to get it down to just 2 buffered frames when going direct USB3 (6ft to powered hub) to the camera (so another cable to drag), and raise the USB speed limit to at least 30.

Jason
didiflei

Post by didiflei »

Dear people,
I noticed the following today:
when I start sharpcap and connect the camera, then it still comes to the problem of buffered frames.
If I now reload the profile, then everything works fine. Also regardless of whether DDR buffer is on or off.
I'm verry happy. :P

many greetings
didiflei
AmargosaSky

Post by AmargosaSky »

Hello QHY (or anyone):
Is there a stable fix for this issue yet, that doesn't require a multiple-click manual workaround? Thanks.
TigerClaw35

Post by TigerClaw35 »

Hi,

still the same problem since last year.

It would be interessting to know what happen if I use SharpCap and activate "Reduce Exposure While Dithering", bercause I cannot test it during the day.