Running Sensor Analysis on the QHY268c

DiligentSkies

Running Sensor Analysis on the QHY268c

Post by DiligentSkies »

Hello Robin,

When running the sensor analysis.

Does it make a difference at what temperature the sensor is cooled to?

If I run the sensor analysis at 0C, and at a later date I believe the best cooling target temperature would be to cool the sensor to only 10C.
Does this change the data profile of the Sensor Analysis. Specifically when next using the Histogram Brain analysis.

It seems reasonable that read out noise and dark currents are tied to the operating temperature of the sensor.

Sincerely,
Mark
DiligentSkies

Re: Running Sensor Analysis on the QHY268c

Post by DiligentSkies »

Hello Robin,

Seeing this has been on going topic of discussion, where I pointed out the three readout modes of the QHY268c and how that impacts the *.json files being over written.

FYI... QHYCCD has added another readout mode. So now there are four RAW modes to this camera.

I seem to remember reading somewhere this camera has the potential of QHYCCD implementing up to ten readout modes for the QHY268c.

However, I can not find the link. I believe it was directly within the QHYCCD sourced manual. As with anything the internet. Content can be changed at a moments notice.
Sincerely,
Mark
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the temperature doesn't matter - basically that only affects long exposures and the analysis is all performed using short (relatively short anyway) exposures.

The read modes will affect the values (potentially). SharpCap 3.3 understands this and will let you perform separate analysis in each read mode and remember them separately. If you do the same in 3.2 the analysis data will overwrite each other, so the data will get used from the most recent measurement no matter what read mode it was done in.

cheers,

Robin
DiligentSkies

Post by DiligentSkies »

Hello Robin,

SharpCap 3.3 understands this. Outstanding.

Sincerely,
Mark