SharpCap temperature control

si-cho

SharpCap temperature control

Post by si-cho »

Hi,
I may be posting here something that has already been discussed elsewhere but I could not find it, Is there any possibility to include in SharpCap a temperature profile to lower the camera temperature rather than doing it manually?, I sort of function? I mean, for example to go from room temperature to -15 in 10 minutes, either linearly or by steps, and after the session is finished, to warm up again using a similar method.
ZWO has embebed a system that do not allow sharp changes and it has some sort of delay, but still is no more than a couple of minutes, but QHY doesn't, it goes up or down in one go, that is not ideal (I believe so).
Thanks in advance for any thought or idea about it. I have seen that NINA has this tool, but I prefer SC, so that is why I am inquiring.
Cheers .
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap temperature control

Post by admin »

Hi,

This function is going to be available in SharpCap 3.3, which is currently in beta testing.

The sequence wizard below is brand new in the update I have uploaded this evening - still more functionality to add to it and glitches to fix, but there is also support for this in the underlying sequencing engine - see

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3121
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3109

Robin
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (36.11 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
si-cho

Re: SharpCap temperature control

Post by si-cho »

Hello, Firstly I apologize for not replying before, so I start saying, thanks a lot for that functionality, yesterday I upgrade the program to the latest stable version, still below 3.3 but we had so many clouds, so no chance to explore it.
Cheers,
Claudio