QHY410C Connects, but no frames

glenwurden

QHY410C Connects, but no frames

Post by glenwurden »

I have a new QHY410C color camera running the latest QHY drivers. I have SharpCap version 3.2.6377, 64-bit. I can connect to the camera, set the cooler, adjust settings, etc with SharpCap. BUT, I am not able to capture any frames. If I try the QHY ASCOM drivers, it just suggests I go back to the native driver. My ZWO 290MM camera connects and works just fine with SharpCap.
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY410C Connects, but no frames

Post by admin »

Hi,

First suggestion is try updating SharpCap with the latest version of 3.2 from the downloads page. I think we've had two or three updates of the qhy components that SharpCap uses the version that you're using. With a little luck, QHY will have fixed whatever problem it is that your are encountering.

If that doesn't help, another thing that can often be helpful with this sort of issue is simplifying USB configuration – remove any extension or hubs and go back to a single cable plugged directly to the computer. You can also try adjusting the 'USB Traffic' control - higher values often make the camera more reliable, although it may reduce frame rates.

Cheers, Robin