QHY294C keeps exposing the 1st frame after changing exposure time

admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY294C keeps exposing the 1st frame after changing exposure time

Post by admin »

Aarrrghh... I thought I was slowly winning this battle, but it seems that every fix brings on a new problem.

On the plus side, I had some more feedback from QHY that should fix Bernd's problem with the black border and white strip.

cheers,

Robin
dudugaz

Post by dudugaz »

Hi Robin,
last night I put the QHY294C back in place of the QHY294M-pro which had just worked well with the latest version 3.2 and Sharpcap crashed on several tests. I therefore opted for version 4.0 with Force Still Mode on Run and to have 60s exposures I set the exposure to 58.4s because on the bottom banner was indicated Last time 61.4s, on the other hand on the exif of poses it is indeed 58.4s which is indicated in exposure time.

Dominique
Dominique
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the time shown at the bottom is the total time between requesting the frame from the camera and receiving it - this includes download time, so the exposure as specified will be correct and a bit gets added for downloading the frame. This tends to only happen in still mode - in live mode the next frame starts at the same time as the download, so frames arrive at 60s intervals.

cheers,

Robin
dudugaz

Post by dudugaz »

Thank Robin, for the clarification, I checked on the exifs of the poses and it is well indicated 60s.
Dominique