QHY268c Green Diode Green Issue

PJMahany

QHY268c Green Diode Green Issue

Post by PJMahany »

My QHY268c camera has a bright green diode just inside the grill by the USB 3.0 connector. It turns on when power is connected. I'd like to know what this diode's purpose is. I am using it with a 11" RASA with a heated dew shield. Because of this the green light is illuminating the inside of the shield. NOT GOOD. Is there a way to turn it off. Flats are not calibrating well and I'm losing a lot of dynamic range.

I notice that my 168c doesn't have such a light.
PJM
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY268c Green Diode Green Issue

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm not sure that anybody except the manufacturer would be able to give a good answer to that question. I haven't seen the camera in question could it just be covered with black electrical tape?

Cheers, Robin
PJMahany

Post by PJMahany »

Thanks for the reply Robin. I will do that if necessary. There is another issue with using a dew shield with the RASA. The QHY268c cooling is impacted due to within the shield the camera sucks already heated trapped air back into the heat exchanger. I built a Snorkel to differentiate the air streams which also shunts the green light to intergalactic space :o I'll test it out tonight.

PJM
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it always seems to be the way with astronomy that nothing is quite right when you buy it, but needs modification, adjustment and fettling :(. Good luck with the next try!

Robin
PJMahany

Post by PJMahany »

I ran the scope last night. Achieved the spec temperature differential with the snorkel in play and got good Flats too! So success for that issue.

Thanks
PJM