QHY600 Pro - PCIe

MagicTurtle81

QHY600 Pro - PCIe

Post by MagicTurtle81 »

Hi,

I'm using the QHY600 Pro with the dual fiber-optic PCIe connection, which is obviously new.

I honestly do not know if this is a software issue or hardware (driver) issue. After a certain (fixed) amount of time, the camera stops responding. When I set to 100ms exposures, it always crashes around 1725 frames previewed (+/-25 frames). I haven't tried actually saving to SSD yet, just allowing it to free-run (preview).

I have tried another software, which also stopped responding after a certain amount of time, which leads me to believe this may be hardware issue.

I've attached an appended log, as well as screen-caps of error codes
Attachments
Log_2020-07-30T09_32_19-9704 chopped - Copy.log
Log
(909.17 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Windows Error Codes
Windows Error Codes
Application error.png (17.2 KiB) Viewed 810 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY600 Pro - PCIe

Post by admin »

Hi,

this sort of error message indicates that the problem is happening outside the reach of SharpCap's normal error handling and reporting functionality. That could mean it's happening inside the QHY supplied code that runs the camera, or it could mean something else.

The best thing to do is to retest but run SharpCap from the command prompt with an extra '/dump' parameter. If you do this then when the crash occurs it should create a file on the desktop called 'SharpCap.dmp'. Send that file to me and I will be able to investigate in more detail what is causing the crash.

Thanks, Robin