Sharpcap only saving mono image in RAW16 mode

MikeSki

Sharpcap only saving mono image in RAW16 mode

Post by MikeSki »

I have a QHY163c camera that I've been using successfully for a couple of years. I typically store my color deep sky FITS images as RAW16. This has worked flawlessly until yesterday. Sharpcap displays my images as color in the RAW16 mode but stores the files as mono. If I switch to RGB24 it will store the image as color but I want to use RAW16. Apparently, I have changed some setting or driver but I don't have any idea of what to try to fix this. Any ideas out there? I've spent about 3 hours trying to fix this to no avail. I've used various output formats (FITS, PNG and TIFF) but they all produce mono only.

Mike
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap only saving mono image in RAW16 mode

Post by admin »

Hi,

you need to set up your image processing software to debayer the save raw files and put the colour information back into them - lots of help and discussion on that subject here : viewtopic.php?t=254

Hope this helps, Robin
MikeSki

Post by MikeSki »

Thanks Robin. I'll check out your link.
Mike
eugenrau

Post by eugenrau »

I have same problem.Sharpcap Pro & Zwo 294MC uncooled, Win 10Pro.It make me so angry, I see laptop as a sure source of trouble.From two month onward, not found somebody to tell what to do.Cannot see Sharpcap PNG RAW16 pictures in colors and don't know whay and what to do.Somebody send me a colored PNG picture and ask to download , open and tell if I see colors.I told that I opened with Photos, Gimp and IrfanView and I see the picture in colors with every of that above softwares.
Last edited by eugenrau on Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you just need to follow the thread here : viewtopic.php?t=254

There is a guide detailing how to convert the RAW images to colour in the first post.

thanks,

Robin