QHY600 Binning

asteroidhunters

QHY600 Binning

Post by asteroidhunters »

Hello
We have recently purchased a QHY600 EarlyBird model. When using it with Sharpcap I see we can only bin up to 2x2.
Will 3x3 be an option?

Thanks!
Mike
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY600 Binning

Post by admin »

Hi,

The binning options come straight from the SDK, so unless QHY change the SDK the answer is no.

Don't forget that with CMOS cameras the value of binning is relatively small (all CMOS binning happens in software after readout).

thanks,
Robin
asteroidhunters

Ok thanks for the info Robin.

Thats strange because they talk about it being able to bin 3x3 but its not in the development kit?
Well who knows. Guess they are putting out the spec before its developed

On there website -
"When binned 2x2 to 7.5um the full well is 196ke- and when binned 3x3 to 11um the full well is 441ke-"

Thanks
Mike
asteroidhunters

Robin,

Im having problems with the QHy600pro connecting to sharpcap. I can find the camera and select it. It connects but then it wont load and image.
I have to power down the camera and power it back up several times to get it to connect and show an image. I have unistalled the driver and reinstalled but same problem. Im using the driver supplied by QHY website thats for Sharpcap...

Also I have a friend with the exact camera and its doing the same thing for him using another imaging software.

Any thoughts?? Im assuming theres a bug in the driver.

Mike
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it certainly sounds that way if you are seeing the same bug into different pieces of software on two different computers. I would recommend working through the suggestions on USB troubleshooting that are at the top of the bug reports forum – it's so easy to get problems caused by overlong USB cables, hubs, or incorrect USB speed settings.

Cheers, Robin