Two QHY cameras -- Sharpcap only sees one

GregL

Two QHY cameras -- Sharpcap only sees one

Post by GregL »

Have made some changes to allow me to operate my two scopes remotely or in parallel. I have a QHY183M on a 6" RC with filter wheel and a QHY183C on a 360mm refractor. But when I try to connect to them, Sharpcap only sees the 183M as a native driver. If I use the ascom driver I can connect to both (with complaints) but Capture_2, the colour, is only available as mono. I have updated my drivers from QHY, but this doesn't seem to change anything.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

greg latiak
avalon observatory
admin
Site Admin

Re: Two QHY cameras -- Sharpcap only sees one

Post by admin »

Hi,

If you plug in only one camera at a time, can you get both to work correctly? In other words to SharpCap only have this problem when both are plugged in at once?

Thanks, Robin
GregL

Post by GregL »

Thanks, Robin.

Its not a software problem but a hardware issue. I have been watching them appear and disappear as I moved things around on my brand new Powerhub. Seems the four ports can only support ONE active 3.1 connection and ONE active 2.0 connection. But if I moved everything to a different USB 3 hub they all worked correctly together. I have asked the vendor if this is intentional behaviour or a sign of a defect in the product. Will post a followup here when I get one. Makes me very skittish about very expensive consolidation devices to reduce the number of cables trailing.

So thanks, but this time it really is a hardware problem.

greg
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Greg,

Glad to hear that you understand what was going on. USB hubs and extension cables do seem to be a bit of a lottery – they work well for some and cause endless pain for others.

Cheers, Robin