QHY5 not works in ASCOM and Direct mode

_CEBEP_

QHY5 not works in ASCOM and Direct mode

Post by _CEBEP_ »

Hi, my QHY5 first generation camera not works with latest builds of SharpCap (now i have 3.2.6317). I understand that it's old camera, but it still works well for me as guider.
In "Cameras" menu i see QHY5-M camera direct contol, but after connection image is looks like black screen or lines (see screenshot), i can change some paramers as gain and exposure, but picture still broken.
And i can select camera as ASCOM driver, but have error message "Error Starting Camera" (another screenshot).
Other software like MaximDL works normaly through the ASCOM driver.
Attachments
qhy5_ascom.png
qhy5_ascom.png (66.28 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
qhy5_direct.png
qhy5_direct.png (549.72 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY5 not works in ASCOM and Direct mode

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think your best bet here is to try going back to older versions of SharpCap (3.1, 3.0) to see if those work better with your camera. SharpCap 3.2 has moved to a much newer version of the qhy software which add support for lots of new models of camera, but unfortunately seems to have had the effect of breaking older models in some cases. Unfortunately I can't fix these problems with the old models in SharpCap – that's a job that qhy has to do, and I can't go back to the older version is that would break more modern cameras.

You may get better results with the Ascom camera if you try opening that straight away after opening SharpCap – don't try to open the camera via the native qhy option first. I suspect that what happens is that the use of the native qhy option loads the most recent QHY.dll into SharpCap. If you then try the Ascom option after that it is unable to load its older and possibly more compatible version of QHY.dll because there is already a version in memory.

Cheers, Robin