QHY174GPS Capture Profile management

wunni

QHY174GPS Capture Profile management

Post by wunni »

Hello Robin,

In the current version v3.2.6248 the calibration is understandable for me for the first time and works as easy as this complex procedure allows.
I don't know how much work you put in, it must have been a lot, and it was worth it. Thank you very much!

But I have a wish for the profile management:...
If you have to switch quickly between different properties of the camera during observation, finished profiles are essential (calibration). It is advisable to include as much information as possible in the profile name, so that the correct profile can be recognized by the name alone.
That can be 1024x768_bin2_16bit_200ms_offset50, in example.
If I now realize during the observation that I need the same with 300ms, I have to write the whole name completely again, and I must not make a mistake. Because you can't rename a profile once it's written.
Therefore I would be happy if you could make the profile management a little bit more comfortable.

Suggestions:
- "Save as" enters the active profile name as default in the input window, there I can edit the name.
- Profile name can be renamed (e.g. in Profile Manager)
- You can change the order of profiles in the list in the Profile Manager

Thanks and best regards,
Niko
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY174GPS Capture Profile management

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions – I will certainly try to implement the first one as it looks very easy and simple. The other two may have to wait for the next major update of SharpCap depending on how much change they require.

Glad that you like the new calibration scheme.

Cheers, Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

By the way, you can rename profiles by going to the folder that they are stored in in Windows Explorer and renaming the files you find there.

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\SharpCap\CaptureProfiles
Hope this helps, Robin
wunni

Post by wunni »

Hi Robin,

Ah, that's good. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers,
Niko