Qhy8l temperature control

admin
Site Admin

Re: Qhy8l temperature control

Post by admin »

Hi,

It certainly looks like Nebulousity is using an old version of the main qhy SDK from about three years ago – that may explain why it works differently with the 8L camera than SharpCap. Additionally the special DLL for the 8L camera is something I've not seen before – that is dated 2012! It could be that Nebulousity is using that very old DLL to talk with your specific model of camera and then the main (newer, but not really new) SDK for other models.

I would say that largely speaking, QHY do intend to try and support older models in their current SDK. The problem is that they have such long list of different models created over the years that they are finding it very hard to keep them all working reliably as they also add support for newer models. ZWO, on the other hand, have a much shorter list of past and present models and you can be far more confident that a ZWO camera will work reliably with the latest SDK.

Cheers, Robin
muletopia

Post by muletopia »

Robin,
Thanks for your thoughts. I bought this camera new from a QHY dealer this year so to find these problems with driver support is very disappointing.

Chris
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Chris

Ah, I must admit I didn't even know they were still being sold new – that model of camera goes back over 7 years, and so in my mind it's a bit of a legacy product.

Cheers, Robin