QHY Camera native driver not recognized in Sharpcap

Whixson

QHY Camera native driver not recognized in Sharpcap

Post by Whixson »

Hi. I have a little bit different problem. I have a QHY 290 OSC. I installed the newest driver and saw that I was supposed to put a new QHYCCD.DLL file in the SharpCap 3.2 installation folder. The one I put in had date properties of 11-26-19. The camera is showing up in Device Manager and works with ASCOM and recognized as a WDM camera in SharpCap but doesn’t show up in its own QHY Camera section. Any advice?

Wayne
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY Camera native driver not recognized in Sharpcap

Post by admin »

Hi,

The best advice I have is to uninstall and then reinstall SharpCap to put the QHYCCD.DLL file back to the version that comes with SharpCap. The latest version of SharpCap 3.2 on the download page comes with a QHYCCD.DLL from about three weeks ago (there was another update just today, which will go into a SharpCap update within about a week). I don't advise switching the QHYCCD.DLL for a different version and to be honest never have except when trying to track down the problem.

Hope this helps, Robin
Whixson

Post by Whixson »

Thanks! Actually I removed the bad dll file and restarted Sharpcap. Instead of just opening it said "Configuring Sharpcap to work with your computer" and it replaced the dll file! That worked at least with my QHY290. I jsust today got a QHY268C, the new 16-bit APS-C camera. SC doesn't yet recognize it and I was told by QHY this will require the new DLL. I'll wait until you update SC and not try it again myself.
Whixson

Post by Whixson »

Robin, I saw you had already posted a new version. I downloaded the 64-bit version and voila there in the dropdown was the QHY268C! Playing with it now.

Thanks again!

Wayne
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Good to hear that you have everything working out – I do have yet another update from QHY and will put out a new version in a week or so.

Cheers, Robin