QHY183M - ROI not working properly in MONO16

SpaceGate

QHY183M - ROI not working properly in MONO16

Post by SpaceGate »

Hello everyone,
I am using SharpCap Pro for a year or so with my QHY183M and my ASI290M Mini. From the beginning on I always had the issue that RIO was not working properly in MONO16 mode when using the SharpCap camera driver. I can only pan, but not tilt in MONO16, the ROI is always locked at the top of the image (the red Box is moving in X and Y direction, but the image only moves in X direction).
When I am using MONO8 there is no problem and it is also working with the ASCOM driver in MONO8 and MONO16 (unfortunately ASCOM is very slow).

Many thanks in advance!
Orion
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY183M - ROI not working properly in MONO16

Post by admin »

Hi,

Apart from suggesting that you make sure that your version of SharpCap and that your QHY windows drivers are fully up-to-date, I think the only thing you can do is to report this issue to QHY. SharpCap doesn't do anything different about sending the ROI information in the 16 bit mode to the eight bit mode, but everything works fine in 8-bit and not in 16-bit. To me that strongly suggests that the problem is either with the QHY SDK or the camera driver. Essentially I don't think that this is something that I can fix but I'm fairly sure that QHY can.

Just to check, I tested with the 178C camera which is the closest modelling that I have to yours and for me the pan and tilt both work correctly in both 8-bit and 16-bit modes.

Cheers, Robin
SpaceGate

Post by SpaceGate »

Hi Robin,

Thanks a lot for your reply!
I messaged QHY about the issue. Today they have confirmed the problem and will release a fix in the next update!

Best regards and happy New Year!
Orion
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the update - good to hear that they are working on a fix.

Robin