understanding all the files

numchuck

understanding all the files

Post by numchuck »

Hey All . . . so like many of you , I've been having some conflicts with my QHY cameras . I thought that , maybe , if I had an understanding of how the SDK , and the drivers , and the .DLL files related to each other , then I could perhaps , have some semblance of a chance , to put things back , as they were . I know that some of QHY's downloads and updates , supposedly remove their predecessors , before installing their newest versions ; but I've seen discussions on their website , where they explain how it is sometimes necessary to manually remove and install certain files which are scattered around within the computer . . . and alas , I have great difficulty in gleaning a complete understanding of what applies to my particular circumstances . If only there were a step by step procedure , that would ensure that all required software was properly arranged within my computer . Can anyone point me toward a general explanation of how the SDK and the drivers and the .DLL files interact ? or should I just be more patient , and leave everything alone , before I cause an explosion .
numchuck

Re: understanding all the files

Post by numchuck »

progress report : last night I installed the very latest SharpCapPro . . . and . . . it worked ! ! ! My USB traffic had been set for 20 , for more than a year . Last month , when my frames began to hang , I tried every setting there was ; but nothing helped . But last night , the USB traffic setting was very effective , and repeatable . I ended up leaving it at 2 ; and my frame downloads were lightning fast . I still don't understand any of this -- maybe someday I can learn more -- but thank you , Robin , for all of your efforts . You rule !