QHY183C - brain "waiting for image to settle"

niccoc1603

QHY183C - brain "waiting for image to settle"

Post by niccoc1603 »

HI

I am trying to measure my sky brightness with the brain, but after i click on measure it hangs on "waiting for image to settle"

admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY183C - brain "waiting for image to settle"

Post by admin »

Hi,

If you look at the bottom right you can see that the software has been waiting for a 10 second frame to arrive for over three minutes, meaning that camera has for some reason stopped responding properly. Unfortunately this seems to be quite a widespread problem at the moment with some models of qhy cameras which we haven't yet got to the bottom of. There are some further discussions in this sub- forum about problems of a similar nature with some suggestions of how to at least reduce the impact of the problem.

Cheers, Robin
niccoc1603

Post by niccoc1603 »

I see, thank you, it looks like QHY can't work past their driver problems..it's a pain...

Quick question, does Sharpcap replace the ASCOM QHY SDK when installed?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

SharpCap installs its own private version of the qhy SDK in its install folder, and will use that version. It won't be affected by other copies of the SDK that are installed in other folders on your computer.

Note that the actual hardware drivers for the device work differently – every application has to use the hardware driver version that you've installed. However the hardware drivers don't get updated as often as the SDK.

Cheers, Robin
niccoc1603

Post by niccoc1603 »

I tried the workarounds but no luck.
If I use the ASCOM driver I lose the camera sensor analysis parameters, with direct driver's the camera is not transferring images to PC...

So I am pretty much stuck here