Sharpcap crashes with QHY12

ignaceu

Sharpcap crashes with QHY12

Post by ignaceu »

So I bought this thinking it would work on the qhy12, but NOPE it crashes everytime. So when is this getting fixed. if not soon I am requesting my money back, since I bought it what 3 hours ago.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap crashes with QHY12

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have found the crash reports associated with the problem the you have been experiencing, and it is clear from those that there seems to be a bug in the qhy SDK when trying to fetch a frame from your model of camera. The qhy code crashes at that point. From the details included in the bug reports, it's clear that there is nothing that I can do in SharpCap to try and address this problem, so you would be best reporting your issue on the qhy forums and asking them to see if they can reproduce and fix the issue. I suspect this issue is specific to that particular model (or a small group of models) of qhy cameras as no such problems occur with the three or four qhy cameras that I have here to test with.

Cheers, Robin
ignaceu

Post by ignaceu »

OK so when is DSLR going to be support? if it is not then I would like my money back as this program is useless to me then.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

DSLR support is currently not on the immediate roadmap (that means that it will be at least 2020, possibly later, possibly never, before there is any improvement to support for DSLR cameras).

On the subject of refunds, I would refer you to the terms and conditions of sale of the pro licence (https://store.astrosharp.co.uk/Store/Terms, which you have agreed to) and the licensing FAQ (https://store.astrosharp.co.uk/Faq), which both make it clear that refunds will not be given except in the case where we failed to deliver the software license which was purchased. In particular, refunds are not available to customers who have changed their mind after purchase or have failed to determine if the software meets their requirements before purchasing. The free version of SharpCap allows you to make sure that the software works correctly with your hardware before you choose to purchase a pro licence.

Cheers, Robin