More Problems with the QHY168C

eseavey

More Problems with the QHY168C

Post by eseavey »

I have not been able to fix the USB traffic problem using any SDK. I did download the 3.2.5967.0 version and at least the camera works.

Unfortunately, other problems are now on the table, and I am not sure if these are related to the new SDK and patches to sharpcap.
When I change the ROI, the camera ceases to continue loading frames. I have to close Sharpcap and sometimes unplug the camera and try starting everything up again. I need to use the ROI to make the platesolving work with that camera.

I also have been noticing banding in the on-screen stretched images, even at 1s exposures and gain 4. Is this common with this camera?

Thanks,
Eric
admin
Site Admin

Re: More Problems with the QHY168C

Post by admin »

Hi Eric,

Banding is a common feature when viewing the highly stretched images of CMOS cameras. This is one of the reasons I added controls to implement a banding suppression algorithm in SharpCap in version 3.2. I posted quite recently in the forums explaining how to adjust the banding suppression controls to try and bring this sort of problem under control.

Unfortunate I can't think of anything else to suggest that the other issue – the qhy cameras that I have worked correctly when changing the colour space and ROI area. I can only suggest posting about your issues on the qhy forums – I know that they test their cameras with recent versions of SharpCap, so may be with the right camera available to test they will be able to reproduce the issues that you are seeing and give you some useful advice.

Cheers, Robin
eseavey

Re: More Problems with the QHY168C

Post by eseavey »

Thanks Robin,
The ROI problem is new, and I indeed suspect it is related to the new drivers/SDK.

I will let them know.

Eric