QHY168C Camera Exposure Time Not Correct

eseavey

QHY168C Camera Exposure Time Not Correct

Post by eseavey »

I installed the January 2019 update again, and am running my camera with the new drivers I installed. At 1000ms exposures and USB set to 10. I am noticing that the fps is about 1.1 to 1.3 in the bottom left corner. To check if the exposures are not correct, I decided to watched it for 60 seconds and it should have taken about 60 images in that time frame. However, it seems to run ahead and take about 72 frames instead. Is this an SDK problem or program problem? Is it related to the drivers?

Thanks,

Eric
eseavey

Re: QHY168C Camera Exposure Time Not Correct

Post by eseavey »

After further testing, I am finding the "last frame" indicates 0.4 seconds shorter than what the exposure time is set to. For example, if it is set to 10 seconds, the last frame is 9.6 seconds. 20 second exposure will shot the last frame 19.6s etc. at USB traffic 10. When I set usb traffic to 0, that difference is only 0.1s shorter. Setting the USB traffic to 30, the exposures are 0.6 seconds shorter than the set exposure.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Just tested with the couple of qhy cameras that I have here and as far as I can tell with my cameras all the exposure times are accurate, so it sounds like this is a issue specific to your model. Please make sure you have the very latest SharpCap which has the very latest qhy SDK and it just in case that helps. If you feel you can't work around the issue then it may be worth raising it on the qhy forums to see if they have any suggestions and to prod them in the direction of a fix.

Cheers, Robin
eseavey

Post by eseavey »

Thanks Robin,
I actually also tried this test using firecapture and it is not exhibiting this problem. Firecapture uses a much older SDK I believe. I will also try it with EZCapture from QHY tonight. I am not having this problem with my QHY224C.

Any thoughts?