Sensor Analysis on QHY165C

GregL

Re: Sensor Analysis on QHY165C

Post by GregL »

Robin,

The update is on the webpage for my camera -- QHY183c. At the bottom there is a list of downloadable components including the patch file. I would be happy to send the file I have to you but its 13mb so a tad large for the forum system. It took a couple of days to get the files as their website was going up and down -- sometimes I would get a file or have a link resolve. The next time all I got was a 404...

So thanks for looking at the values. I have no sense of what 'reasonable' is in this domain. Have a variable brightness LED panel on order but I might not see that for some time. Been using either a T-shirt or foam monitor cover as my attenuator and the north side of my SkyshedPod as the light source.

greg
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Weird, I think I must be seeing a different web page to you - the only page I can find for the 183C is this one

http://www.qhyccd.cn/index.php?m=conten ... d=89&id=12

All animations and images and not much useful apart from a 'Service Support' link which takes me here

http://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=conte ... d=16&cut=2

which again has no patch download.

cheers,

Robin
GregL

Post by GregL »

http://www.qhyccd.com/QHY183.html is the page that I have been going to. And as of right now its a 404.

Let me know if you have some place I can push the patch software. This on again off again stuff drives me crazy and its a short trip at my age.

greg
bwells

Post by bwells »

Greg,

If you can make the sharpcap patch available that I can access, I will give the same setup a try for my qhy165c. In the meantime, I will try downloading the same from the their website.

Thanks,
Bryan
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Greg,

could you upload to dropbox, google drive or something like that and share a link? If not just try emailing it to me - I think 13Mb will go through, but it probably needs to be zipped as .exe files tend to get blocked.

cheers,

Robin
GregL

Post by GregL »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for that - that's an old version of the QHY SDK from December 2017. If it happens to work better with your camera than the most up-to-date one then obviously feel free to use it, but it's sadly not some newer version than the latest public version of the SDK.

I have contacted QHY and they are going to look into the problem with the 165C gain and some other issues.

cheers,

Robin
bwells

Post by bwells »

Thank you for the help!
bwells

Post by bwells »

I am finally back home again, trying out the sensor analysis with my QHY165C. I downloaded SharpCap 3.1.5220.0 and when I use the "Sensor Analysis", it does the same as what it did in the beginning. That is, as soon as I press start, it kicks the gain to 255 and I get the error message telling me

"The exposure required is shorter than the minimum exposure value - Sensor Analysis stopped! Restart with lower light levels"

Is there something special I need to do so the gain that sensor analysis starts with is not 255? I think you said you would make it so the gain would be lower.

Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you need to test with the latest SharpCap 3.2 beta build which has the tweak for the maximum gain in - you can find the beta builds here : http://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/down ... a-versions

cheers,

Robin