GPS status window

TimHaymes

GPS status window

Post by TimHaymes »

If i minimise or close the GPS Status window (QHY174m-GPS) the widow disappears, and there doesnt seem to be a way to display it without closing and restarting the camera. The window doesnt drop into the taskbar and there is no re-activation in the Camera Control Panel that i can see.
Is this normal ? Sorry if this is a trivial question.
Thanks - Tim
(ver 3.2.6482)
admin
Site Admin

Re: GPS status window

Post by admin »

Hi Tim,

what happens for me is that the GPS window makes itself small and covers up the FPS status in the bottom left of the SharpCap window - from there you can bring it back into view using its restore button - see below.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (10.39 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
What I should really do is make the 'Show Data' button on the GPS setting re-show the window if it has been minimized - I will do that for 4.0

cheers,

Robin
TimHaymes

Post by TimHaymes »

Hi Robin,
I looked on my system (W10Pro) but i don't see what you see. So its well hidden. In the GPS section of Camera Control Panel there is a [Show Data] on/off but this doesn't seem to do anything. Im not sure if this is relevant. For the time being i will be careful not to minimise or close the window. :D
Many thanks - Tim
TimHaymes

Post by TimHaymes »

Robin,
Re: GPS status window lost on minimising
It looks like my W10 system is not behaving very well (although fine in all other respects). I installed V4.0 beta (64bit) and compared to V3.2 (16bit) both on my W7 computer and both work correctly as you have described. So i will draw a line under this query - thank you for your help.

I have now installed V4.0 beta (64bit) on my W10pro (1909) and this behaves oddly in the same way - so it looks to me like my W10 is the cause.

Looking forward to trying out the V4 features - Cheers!
Tim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Tim,

ok, no problem. Remember that v4.0 is now no longer beta - it's fully released and ready to go (although I am still working on bugs and improvements and updating regularly).

cheers,

Robin