QHY Driver

aklatt

Re: QHY Driver

Post by aklatt »

Hello Robin,

I am sorry to say, but it is just not working in parallels. I do load Sharpcap after the

I am still getting the com port is empty error. Even the driver is now not highlighted, which it was the other day, regardless of things being plugged in or not. (see screen shot).
Ports .png
Ports .png (12.09 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
I have tried every permutation as far as I can tell.

I just don't understand why they're not talking.

Thanks again Robin,
Arthur
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

if you have access to a real Windows PC at all then it would probably be a good idea to test on that PC to see if you can get things working without parallels being involved. If that works nicely then maybe parallels is causing the problem. If it fails on the real Windows PC in the same way then most likely not parallels.

cheers,

Robin
aklatt

Post by aklatt »

Yes thanks,

I am thinking it's something in Parallels since it all works fine in Bootcamp, so I imagine it's fine on a real PC. I am just hoping to avoid the expenditure but may end up going there in the end, particularly as Apple is moving away from using Windows compatible chipsets.
So it goes.
I guess my next step is a forum on inexpensive laptops with decent AMD or i7 chips.

That being said, EZCap works fine in Parallels, so thus my confusion. I will keep tinkering. There must be something I am missing.

Take care,
Arthur
aklatt

Post by aklatt »

Hello Robin,

Just wondering if you recall anyone in any of your forums using Parallels with Sharpcap and if they had success or problems with this QHY filterwheel. I guess I am trying to see if others had similar experiences with this hook up.

Take care,
Arthur
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Arthur,

I don't recall any specific parallels related problems with that filter wheel, but we have had a number of parallels related problems with cameras not working properly that have always gone away when switching to Boot Camp. That sort of leaves parallels in the 'might work, but not really recommended' category.

cheers,

Robin
aklatt

Post by aklatt »

Yes. Bootcamp does work fine. I will just explore that route for this machine.
Thanks
Arthur
aklatt

Post by aklatt »

Hello Robin,
Great news! I was able to get the camera and the filterwheel to work in Sharpcap using the USB cable. Your advice along with help from QHY made it all happen.
I do appreciate all the time taken.
Have a nice weekend.
Arthur
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Arthur,

Glad to hear that you got it working :-) Hope that you get some clear skies soon so that you can use the camera for real!

Cheers, Robin
aklatt

Post by aklatt »

Yes thanks!
I will be starting with your tutorial on live stacking with an h halpha filter on an as yet undetermined object.
Can’t wait. :D
Take care
Arthur.