Point grey imx 174 help help please

melvin

Point grey imx 174 help help please

Post by melvin »

Hello everyone I have just received my new camera as I want more detail when taking pics of the Sun. I have a zwo120 mm that is recognised ok in Sharpcap but Sharpcap does not see the new Point Grey camera. It may be that I have not downloaded the correct drivers for the camera, I don’t know. I have downloaded Flycapture but there are quite a few and I really don’t know which is correct, same as the drivers for the camera, I followed the instructions on both the box the camera came in and in the manual. Can anyone tell me which specific drivers I need for both please.
melvin

Re: Point grey imx 174 help help please

Post by melvin »

Hi everyone I contacted Point Grey support, they told me which link and now the camera is recognised in Sharpcap I even pointed the camera at an object some distance away and I was able to focus. Just got to try it on the Stars and Sun.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

glad you got it sorted and sorry not to respond before - it's good that PGR support knew what to do.

For reference in case anyone else has the same problem, I think the right things to install are

For SharpCap 3.1

* 32 bit Flycapture (even on 64 bit windows)
* 64 bit Flycapture too (if you are on 64 bit windows)
* The SharpCap 3.1 pre-reqs installer - http://downloads.sharpcap.co.uk/downloa ... %20PreReqs - this installs extra microsoft libraries needed for some more rarely encountered cameras

For SharpCap 3.2, I think it will just work as long as you have installed the PGR drivers (this was one of the fixes in 3.2)

cheers,

Robin
melvin

Post by melvin »

Hello. Robin thanks for your reply, I have downloaded what you recommended, that being PreRqs, as well as the latest Sharpcap update. I have not downloaded Flycapture due to not being clear as to which one of the links it is, I seem to be downloading lots of things and am concerned I will fill up my drive with things that I do not need. Just one last question, at the moment power is coming from the laptop to the camera, I purchased the correct power cable but it does not have a cigarette type fitting to go into my Skywatcher powerpack, would you agree a computer shop could help or would you suggest something else?
Once again thanks.